Friday, February 4, 2011

The Texas Half- Dallas, Texas






The Texas Half
February 11, 2006


We drove up Friday…had to drive 4 hours through HORRIBLE rain…but it cleared up when we got to Dallas..

We did a test drive to the lake to see how far…took a few pictures and decided how early to get there for parking (they had limited parking…

Then we ate…went to the room to relax for the evening… (WHICH I TOTALLY DIDN’T)

I slept maybe 5 hours…kept dreaming about the marathon…

Got up at 5:30 the next morning… drove to the place and waiting….got there at a good time…time we got our chips and stood in the bathroom line it was time to start…  It was about 35 and the wind was about 15MPH…pretty fierce…my lips pretty much felt numb the whole time….

I think the part I like best is when we were all standing there waiting for the gun to go off…everyone all jittery…nervous….all the fast talking…  the energy was amazing…

So…miles 1-5 went by like a blur..my left leg felt asleep but finally got better on mile 2ish…

Miles 6-7 were good…a lot of twist and turns…more hills than Gary and I expected…

Mile 8 went on FOREVER…this is where Gary’s knee started to act up…

Miles 9-11 we ran/walked trying to give Gary’s knee a break…I was feeling it buy then,,,more tired than anything.

When I saw mile 12 marker and could hear the announcer I was ready to GET-AFTER IT…but Gary was already limping and in pain…so we walked most of mile 12… then Gary PUSHED through and we ran the last little bit…

The time read 2:38 (I can’t remember the seconds)

We the walked SLOWLY up the hill…yes we had to go up a hill and the end to get to the clubhouse…  Gary ate a bit and rested..then he limped to the car…

So glad we accomplished a goal we worked together on!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment